1. Promotion Period: The Take Off With Biscoff Contest (the "Promotion"), which consists of a contest element ("Contest") and an instant win game element ("Instant Win Game"), begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on July 1, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on September 30, 2014 (the "Promotion Period"). The Voting Period begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on October 1, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 31, 2014. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
2. Sponsor: Lotus Bakeries North America, 50 Francisco St #115, San Francisco, CA 94133;
Administrator: Votigo, Inc., 251 Lafayette Circle, Suite 330, Lafayette, CA 94549.
3. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of date of Entry/game play. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, and any of their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible for the Promotion. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
4. How to Enter the Photo Contest and Play the Instant Win Game:
Facebook: During the Promotion Period, you may access the Promotion on Facebook® by visiting www.Biscoff.com/TakeOff ("Promotion Website"). You must "Like" Biscoff Cookies on Facebook (if you do not already). To enter the Contest, complete all required fields of the on-screen registration form, including uploading a photo ("Photo"), photo title and a description (1,500 characters or less for Facebook) of how you enjoy Biscoff Cookies while traveling, to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. The Photo, along with any required content, hashtag (described below), photo title/caption/comment and/or description will be referred to as the entry ("Entry"). To play the Instant Win Game (on Facebook only), complete all required fields of the on-screen registration form and then you will have the opportunity to see if you are an instant winner ("Game Play") for that day (as defined below). If you do not have a Facebook account, and you would like to create one for free, visit www.Facebook.com. If you receive a winning instant win play message, your prize will be automatically sent to the address provided on the registration form.
Instagram: During the Promotion Period, upload your Entry to Instagram. The Entry must include #takeoffwithbiscoff within the Photo caption/comment. You must have a public Instagram account to enter via Instagram. Including #takeoffwithbiscoff in the Entry caption/comment on Instagram during the Promotion Period constitutes your agreement to these Official Rules. If you do not have an Instagram account, and you would like to create one for free, download the free Instagram app at either the Apple® App Store or the Google® Play store. You must have a public Instagram account to enter via Instagram.
Twitter: During the Promotion Period, tweet on Twitter ("Tweet") your Entry to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. The Tweet must include #takeoffwithbiscoff, within the Entry. You must have a public Twitter account to enter. If you do not have a Twitter account, and you would like to create one for free, visit www.Twitter.com. Including # takeoffwithbiscoff, in a Tweet during the Promotion Period constitutes your agreement to these Official Rules.
Limit one (1) Entry/Game Play per person/email address per day regardless of method of Entry. By entering, you understand and agree that your Entry in its entirety or any portion thereof may (in Sponsor's sole discretion) be posted on the Promotion Website for public voting during the Voting Period. All Entries/Game Plays must be completed, submitted and received on the Promotion Website by 11:59 p.m. ET on September 30, 2014 to be eligible for the Voting Period and for the final day's (as defined below) instant win prizes. For the purposes of this Promotion, a "day" is defined as beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET each day and ending at 11:59 p.m. ET each day, with the exception of the first day, which will begin at 12:01 a.m. ET and end at 11:59 p.m. ET. Photos must be unique. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) Entry/Game Play by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, addresses or any other method will void all of that entrant's Entries/Game Plays and that entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor's discretion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or username. All Entries/Game Plays become the property of Sponsor when submitted and will not be returned to entrant.
Photos must be in a format that can be uploaded to the Promotion Website. Entries must comply with the official rules of the Promotion as well as must be uploaded in accordance with the Facebook Terms of Service, Twitter Terms of Service and/or Instagram Terms of Service. All Entries must comply with the "Entry Requirements" set forth below. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by entrants' online service provider will apply. Normal phone/usage/subscription access charges imposed by your phone/device service provider may apply. Standard data and message rates may apply.
Each entrant grants to Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute, and display each submitted Entry, in any media, and with right to use, copy, modify, edit, and create derivative works therefrom, and agrees to execute documents confirming such right and license, at Sponsor's reasonable request. By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including patents, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest. No information regarding Entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules or on the Promotion Website, will be disclosed.
5. Public Voting During the Voting Period: All Entries will be reviewed for appropriateness and compliance with these Official Rules by a representative of the Sponsor prior to making them public. During the Voting Period, all eligible/approved Entries (without registration information) will be posted to the gallery on the Promotion Website for viewing/voting by the general public. Once posted, Sponsor reserves the right to remove an Entry, in their sole discretion if they find the Entry violates these Official Rules in any manner. To vote, visit the Promotion Website, "Like" Biscoff Cookies on Facebook (if you do not already), select the Entry you would like to vote for, and complete all required fields of the on-screen registration form. Limit one (1) vote per person/email address/per day. Voters must meet the eligibility requirements outlined in Section 3 above. Any attempt by the entrant, and/or their family/friends to vote more than the number of times authorized herein, using any third party proxy voting services, using multiple names or email addresses and/or any other fraudulent mechanism(s), including robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods, including incentives and sweepstakes for votes not sponsored by Sponsor shall give the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the right to disqualify the entrant's Entry. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by voter's online service will apply and are voters' sole responsibility. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged votes. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor.
6. Determination of the Winners: After the Voting Period, all eligible Entries will also be judged by a Sponsor-selected panel of judges based on the following judging criteria: Relevance to theme (35%); Originality/Creativity (25%); Suitability for Promotional Purposes (20%); Entry Quality (20%). Sponsor will then combine their judging score and the score from the public vote for each entrant. The judging score will account for 60% of the entrant's total score and the public vote will account for 40% of the entrant's total score. The Entry that receives the highest score after combining the judging score with the public voting score will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. The Entry that receives the next highest score after combining the judging score with the public voting score will be deemed the First Prize winner. The Entry that receives the third highest score after combining the judging score with the public voting score will be deemed the Second Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the Entry that received the highest score from the judges will be deemed the winner of that prize level. Decisions of Administrator/Sponsor are final with respect to all matters relating to the Promotion.
7. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): Grand Prize (1): A 3-day/2-night trip for two (2) to a Sponsor-specified European destination. Trip includes: (i) roundtrip coach air transportation for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest from a major U.S. Gateway airport near the winner's residence (to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Sponsor-specified European destination; and (ii) two (2) nights' hotel accommodations for the Grand Prize winner and his or her travel companion at a Sponsor-specified European hotel as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (one room, double occupancy, room and tax only). The ARV of the Grand Prize is $4,000. Grand Prize winner may elect to receive a cash alternative of $4,000, awarded in the form of gift card. First Prize (1): 50,000 Delta SkyMiles. The ARV of the First Prize is $1,000. Second Prize (1): A year's worth of Sponsor-specified Biscoff products. The ARV of the Second Prize is $550. Instant Win Prize (20,000 total – 162 per day): A package of Biscoff Cookies, awarded as a coupon. The ARV of each Instant Win Prize is $3.50. The odds of winning an Instant Win Prize are 1:20. Unclaimed Instant Win Prizes will not be awarded.
All taxes, gratuities, incidental expenses, meals, telephone calls, fees or charges for changing dates, transportation and other costs and expenses relating to the use or acceptance of the Grand Prize not expressly listed are the sole responsibility of the winner. Travel insurance is not included. Grand Prize winner's guest (or winner, as parent/legal guardian if a guest is a minor and winner's child/charge) will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to departure. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must possess valid travel documents (e.g., valid government-issued photo ID, passport) in order to travel and must travel on the same itinerary. If Grand Prize winner's guest is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, the Grand Prize winner must be the guest's parent/legal guardian and complete the Release of Liability on his/her behalf. Trip must be taken by December 31, 2015 or prize will be forfeited. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Seat selection and timing of trip is subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. In the event the Grand Prize winner or his/her guest engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor, in Sponsor's sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, and send the Grand Prize winner and/or guest home with no further compensation to the Grand Prize winner. First Prize winner must have a valid Delta SkyMiles account. To create a free Delta SkyMiles account, visit https://www.delta.com/profile/enrolllanding.action. Usage of SkyMiles subject to terms outlined on https://www.delta.com/. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute the prize of equal or greater value in the event the prize is unavailable. All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner, as applicable. Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries/Game Plays are received.
8. Winner Notification/Verification: Grand, First and Second Prize winners will be contacted via email, direct message on Twitter or Instagram, phone and/or mail. Potential Grand, First and Second Prize winners will then be required to sign and return via email, an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability/publicity release (except where prohibited by law) and assignment of rights ("Affidavit Package") within five (5) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be determined (as outlined above). Return of Affidavit Package as undeliverable, if any portion of the Affidavit Package is not received within the required time period or if a potential winner is deemed ineligible, potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate will be determined (as outlined above). Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of prize and disqualification and alternate determination (for Contest Prizes only) in accordance with these Official Rules.
All winners are subject to verification of eligibility by Administrator and compliance with these Official Rules in Sponsor's sole discretion. In the event the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that any Entry/Game Play does not otherwise comply with the Official Rules or any other applicable regulatory guidelines, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such Entry/win. All material submitted becomes the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. If, due to an error of any kind, more winning names are determined as Instant Win Prize winners, or more Instant Win Prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to the number of prizes outlined in Rule #7 (162 per day), the intended Instant Win Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified Instant Win Prize claims received. In no event will the Sponsor be obligated to award more than the stated number of prizes. The Sponsor, Administrator, and their agencies assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Promotion.
9. General Rules: The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost, not received or unavailable network connections or email, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest/voting/Game Play or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries/Game Plays in the Promotion or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Promotion. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry/play/voting process or the operation of the Promotion; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion/voting may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Promotion (or online voting) is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Promotion and determine the Grand, First and Second Prize winners based 100% on judging from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation and award any Instant Win Prizes claimed prior to cancellation.
10. Release: By entering the Promotion, each entrant represents and warrants that: (i) all rights to the Entry belong to and are original to him/her, or he/she has written consent to use, and the Entry does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) he/she has the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, (iii) he/she hereby holds the Sponsor and the Released Parties (as defined below) harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the Entry and waives any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses. Participating in the Promotion constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use entrants' names, biographical information, pictures/portraits, Entries, likenesses and/or voices for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees that Sponsor, Administrator, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and each of their parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents (collectively the "Released Parties"), will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, if applicable or participation in the Promotion/voting or participation in any Promotion or related activity. Each entrant hereby represents and warrants that he/she has read these Official Rules and is fully familiar with its contents.
11. Applicable Laws and Jurisdiction: This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, local, municipal and provincial laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of California in the United States, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in California in the United States. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of California in the United States and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of California in the United States. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
13. Winners List: For the names of the Grand, First and Second Prize winners, available after December 1, 2014 for a period of a year, visit www.biscoff.com or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Take Off With Biscoff Contest Winners, Lotus Bakeries NA, 50 Francisco St., Suite 115, San Francisco, CA 94133. Residents from Vermont may omit return postage.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Lotus Bakeries North America and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used in connection with this Promotion or in connection with promotional or other activities of Lotus Bakeries North America.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Delta Air Lines.